In 1993 St Paul’s Church established the Crossover Charity which today includes a Children’s Day Nursery, St Paul’s Conference Centre and the Crossover Resource and Learning Centre which supports unemployed people to access employment and training.
In 2013 with the aid of a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund we have started a project to capture the history of our area for the first time. The centre piece of the project is The Ideal Village, which forms the heart of Bordesley Green but we are keen to capture memories and photographs of the surrounding roads.
We are looking to recruit volunteers to help with the project on various tasks we are seeking to complete:-
• Interview people on their own history or agree to be interviewed themselves.
• Help mount exhibitions and displays.
• Scan in documents and photographs and take pictures of the area today.
• Help organise the digital archive.
• Upload pictures and information to the internet.
We already have a successful and growing Facebook page and we have collated and scanned in material from the Small Heath Local History Society. The collection continues to grow.
If you would like to get involved in any way then please get in touch with the project leader, Chris Sutton, at the address above.